The majority of clients we work with are downsizing and moving into retirement homes and have 3 delicious meals included in their rental package. They won’t be cooking a large turkey for 20 people at Thanksgiving, baking gourmet birthday cakes or hosting a family reunion. They will find that there are many items in their large family kitchen that they will no longer have use for. The kitchenette area in these suites is typically very small and only allows space for what we refer to as a Basic Kitchen.
Here are some items you won’t need to bring:
- Roasting pan
- 5 measuring cups
- 10 vases of different sizes
- 20 souvenir tea towels from trips abroad
- Serving utensils
- The china from your wedding
- Your large collection of tea cups
- Every size and shape of bakeware you can find
- Excessive cleaning supplies
- 50 different spices
If you’re wondering what you should bring with you, we would be happy to share the secret ingredients for a perfect kitchenette.