Lighten Up! handles a move with care and compassion for a smooth transition.
Are you considering downsizing to a smaller home or moving to a retirement community and are wondering where to start? Moving is upsetting and stressful at the best of times. Sometimes family members live out of town or are unavailable to help. Other times there may be no family or friends to call on for assistance. After decades in the family home, sorting through memories and accumulated belongings can be emotional and overwhelming.
Lighten Up! specializes in helping older adults make the transition from one home to another. When it’s time to move, let us help to make the transition a little bit easier. We can do as much or as little as you need.
Using a Senior Move Manager saves you time, reduces stress and brings peace of mind.
Services Lighten Up! can provide:
1) Setting a timetable
2) Space planning for the new home
3) Assistance in deciding which items to bring
4) Scheduling movers and elevators if required
5) Assistance with phone, cable, internet, and address changes
6) Sorting, labelling, packing and arranging for pick-up of: family possessions, items for sale, donations, items for disposal and recycling
7) Provide supplies and boxes for packing
8) Packing client’s belongings for move to new home
9) Personal shopping for new furniture and household accessories needed for new home
10) Colour and décor consultation
11) Managing all aspects of the move on moving day
12) Unpacking and setting up all furniture, personal items and accessories, including assistance with hanging pictures
13) Remove and dispose of all packing materials when the move is complete
14) Decluttering, depersonalizing and staging the home for sale
15) Organizing trades for repairs or renovations needed
16) Arranging for final clear out and professional cleaning of the home
17) Estate clear-outs
18) Online Auction set-ups